Honda Marine Warranty
- True 5 Year Limited Warranty on motors purchased for personal use
- Non-Declining coverage
- Fully transferrable
- Nationwide service
Distributor’s Limited Warranty
Honda Outboard Motors
This warranty is limited to Honda Outboard Motors and related original equipment distributed by American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Power Equipment Division, 4900 Marconi Drive, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005-8847
To Qualify for This Warranty:
The Honda Outboard Motor must be purchased from American Honda or a dealer authorized by American Honda to sell Honda Outboard Motors in the United States, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands. This limited warranty applies to the first retail purchaser and each subsequent owner during the applicable warranty time period.
What American Honda Will Repair or Replace Under Warranty:
American Honda will repair or replace, at its option, any part that is proven to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use during the applicable warranty time period. Warranty repairs and replacements will be made without charge for parts or labor. Anything replaced under warranty becomes the property of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. All parts replaced under warranty will be considered as part of the original product and any warranty on those parts will expire
coincidentally with the original product warranty.
To Obtain Warranty Service:
You must, at your expense, take your Honda Outboard Motor and proof of the original purchase date to any dealer who is authorized to service Honda Outboard Motors in the United States, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, during the dealer’s normal business hours. If you are unable to obtain warranty service, or are dissatisfied with the warranty service you receive, take the following steps: First, contact the owner of the dealership involved; normally this should resolve the
problem. However, if you should require further assistance, write or call the Honda Marine Customer Relations Department of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Marine Customer Relations Department
4900 Marconi Drive
Alpharetta, Georgia 30005-8847
Telephone: (770) 497-6400
This warranty does not extend to the following:
• Conditions caused by lack of routine maintenance or improper storage (as outlined in the owner’s manual)
• Conditions caused by the use of propeller(s) that do not allow the outboard motor to run in its recommended full throttle rpm range
• Operation inconsistent with the recommended operation/duty cycle (as
outlined in the owner’s manual)
• Parts affected or damaged by an abuse, submersion and/or collision
• Fuel contamination and water entering the engine through the fuel intake,air intake, or exhaust system
• Operation with fuels, oils, additives and lubricants which are not suitable for use in the product
• Use in an application for which the outboard motor was not designed, such as racing or competitive use or any other misuse or neglect
• Normal wear and tear
• Incorporation of unsuitable attachments or parts
• The unauthorized alteration, improper installation and/or rigging, or any causes other than defects in material or workmanship
• Corrosion to steering system or electrical components, corrosion due to electrolysis, water born foreign chemicals, improper service or corrosion caused by damage or abuse
• Reimbursement for towing charges, in and out of water charges, or
technician travel time
• Growth of marine organisms on motor surfaces, external or internal
• Any product that has ever been declared a total loss or sold for salvage by a financial institution or insurer, or that has been issued a “salvage” or similar title under any state’s law.
Disclaimer of consequential damage and limitation of implied warranties:
American Honda disclaims any responsibility for loss of time or use of the outboard, revenue, or the equipment in which the outboard is installed, transportation,commercial loss, or any other incidental or consequential damage. Any implied warranties are limited to the duration of this written limited warranty.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.